Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Looking for a nice & simple dog treat recipe to try? These quick & easy peanut butter dog treats are a favorite of mine. They’re easy to make, quick to bake and smell great. And since Laika’s a fan of anything peanut butter they get a big seal of approval from her.
Easy Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Mix together your flour, peanut butter & eggs in a large bowl until slightly combined.
- Add in a little bit of water (approximately one Tbsp at a time) until the mixture becomes wet enough to roll out as dough.
- Roll out your dough & cut out your favorite shapes with some cookie cutters.*
- Place your treats onto your baking sheet & cook for about 15 minutes. For a little bit of crunch I like to take mine out just as the bottoms start to darken.
If you don’t have cookie cutters you can use a knife to cut out some fun shapes, or you can make some some cookie cutters of your own using soda cans.
Since cookie cutters make pretty big portions I like making half of my batches bite sized for a nice training treat. Since I don’t have have any small cookie cutters I use the bottom of a sturdy shot glass for some nice little treats. Just be sure if you try that method you choose a heavy duty one.
And if you’re not a fan of the chunky look stick to creamy peanut butter for a nice polished look. I have no idea why I opted for chunky peanut butter. Lesson learned Jen, lesson learned.
Enjoy making homemade dog treats? Be sure to check out our list of 23 Simple Dog Treat Recipes.