Quick & Easy Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Looking for a nice & simple dog treat recipe to try? These quick & easy peanut butter dog treats are a favorite of mine. They’re easy to make and quick to bake, and as an added bonus they’ll make your kitchen smell awesome.
And since Laika’s a fan of anything with peanut butter they always get a big seal of approval from her.
And if you’re looking for more homemade dog treats be sure to check our our list of 25 simple dog treat recipes.
Easy Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Mix together your flour, peanut butter & eggs in a large bowl until slightly combined.
- Add in a little bit of water (approximately one Tbsp at a time) until the mixture becomes wet enough to roll out as dough.
- Roll out your dough & cut out your favorite shapes with some cookie cutters.*
- Place your treats onto your baking sheet & cook for about 15 minutes. For a little bit of crunch I like to take mine out just as the bottoms start to darken.
If you don’t have cookie cutters you can use a knife to cut out some fun shapes, or you can make some some cookie cutters of your own using soda cans.
Since cookie cutters make pretty big portions I like making half of my batches bite sized for a nice training treat. Since I don’t have have any small cookie cutters I use the bottom of a sturdy shot glass for some nice little treats. Just be sure if you try that method you choose a heavy duty one.
And if you’re not a fan of the chunky look stick to creamy peanut butter for a nice polished look. I have no idea why I opted for chunky peanut butter. Lesson learned Jen, lesson learned.
Enjoy making homemade dog treats? Be sure to check out our list of 25 Simple Dog Treat Recipes.