Puppy Leaks is where dog owners can find simple tips & advice on how to live a happier, healthier life with our dogs.
Puppy Leaks Started With Laika
A few years back a little mutt named Laika came into my life. And she was unlike any dog I’d ever had before; she was a resource guarder, she lacked confidence, and she had some major issues with reactivity.
This blog was started as a way for me document the things I was learning about dog behavior from her, but it’s evolved into so much more.
I can happily report that Laika no longer resource guards, her confidence is at an all time high, and she’s much less reactive.
To many of us dogs are more than just “a dog;” they’re our loyal companions and beloved members of the family. I believe Dogs truly are a mans best friend, and this blog is just my little way of showing my appreciation.
Some of My Favorite Posts
- 33 Simple Ways to Keep Your Dog Busy Indoors
- 59 Life Hacks All Dog Owners Should Know
- 13 Steps to Teach Your Dog a Reliable Recall
- Do We Put Too Much Emphasis on Our Dogs Past?
- 25 Simple Dog Treat Recipes: Made With 5 Ingredients or Less
What Challenges Do You Have With Your Dog?
- Need some simple ways to keep your dog busy? We’ve got plenty of simple tips to help.
- Having problems training your dog? Check out our training articles.
- Want some simple answers to dog questions? Check out our “Why do dogs?” series.
- Ever wanted to start a blog? Here’s how to start your own in less than 10 minutes.
I Love Answering Your Questions
One of my favorite features of this blog is getting a chance to answer your questions. We’ve covered everything from why dog feet smell like Fritos to why dogs get premature greying. If you any any specific questions about your dog feel free to e-mail them to me. I’ll be glad to answer them, and they might even make it onto the blog.
About Puppy Leaks
I studied criminal justice in college, but quickly realized it wasn’t right for me. After coming to the conclusion that I wasn’t cut out for that line of work I fell back on two of my lifelong passions — dogs & writing. I started Puppy Leaks as a passion project, and after a couple of years I was able to make it my full time job. (If you’re looking to start a blog I put together a guide on how I got started)
I’ve lived with dogs my entire life, and this is the place where I share all the tips & tricks I’ve learned over the years.
Keep In Touch & Follow Along
Don’t forget to join our monthly newsletter for monthly news, deals, and updates.
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. – Author Unknown