Roundup #2: Our Favorite Dog Articles of the Week
You know what I love about weekends besides sleeping in? Catching up on my reading with a nice hot cup of coffee. Here’s my choices for this weeks best doggie articles of the week. Hope you enjoy them as much as I did.
Favorite Dog Articles of the Week
- Post Number 902 – I’m speechless about this news from Rescued Insanity. One of the most heartfelt and honest posts I’ve read in a long time.
- How a Dog Saved My Life – I’m always amazed at how much of a difference dogs can have on an individual’s life; especially when it comes to prison dog programs.
- Serendipitous Saturday: Dogs and Depression – How do you feel about dogs being used to help people who suffer from depression? Amazing personal perspective on the subject that might make you think twice before rushing to judgment.
- An Open Letter to Kevin Smith & His Dog Mulder – Wonderful piece about losing a pet. Shares the importance of being able to grieve openly and not be ashamed.
- Dogs Can be Assholes, Too – If you’re looking for a quick bit of humor check out these photos. Featured image is one of my favorites via Bored Panda.
- Dogs Can Tell if You’re Untrustworthy – New research finds that dogs aren’t fooled for long by our misleading cues, and they stop following leads from those who they deem untrustworthy.
They evaluate the information we give them based in part on how reliable it is in helping them accomplish their goals. Many family dogs, for instance, will ignore your gesture when you point incorrectly and use their memory to find a hidden treat
Best Dog Videos of The Week
What an awesome owner; I’m sure Laika is jealous.
One of my favorites celebrated his birthday this week – Happy Birthday Eko!
Dog Deals of the Week
Petsmart – Buy 1 get 1 50% off Dentastix
Only Natural Pet – 15% off all dental care products
Amazon – FURminator (affiliate link) de-shedding tool for dogs over 50% off
Chewy – Up to 50% off Greenies
Pet Fancy – West Paw Large Hurley Bone for 12.50
Amazing Inforgraphic on Preventing Animal Abuse
Taken from the most recent data from the US Humane Society this is helping raise awareness that we can put an end to animal cruelty. Check out K9 of Mine for more information.